Tuesday 10th September
Most of the structural changes inside are now done. At least, the walls are up. A light switch stopped working yesterday next to a new partition wall (but an electrician will be moving it tomorrow) and then another light socket crumbled when we changed the bulb. Sounds like a few things need replacing. We also discovered a leak in the old kitchen, I think coming from the washing machine. Builder said the laek has been there for a while, but probably the feed to the washing machine as the was no dirt from the leak. The new utility wall is a as far back as it can go, meaning that it is a very tight squeeze for the units, but we should be able to have two 60cm units in there.
It is coming along OK. Electrician in tomorrow for first fit. The plumber is still over a week away, that is going to delay the whole new kitchen. Probably nothing will happen next week. Maybe some much needed peace and quiet!