Saturday 21st / Sunday 22nd September 2013
Ok, 2 days, but it was DIY time and I am slow. Another lack of photos, but got a few.
Also, on Friday evening I popped to B&Q and bought a trellis, a plant, some brushes, a giant duster on a telescopic pole and something else which now eludes me.
The first holes I filled were old ones – stair gates, pictures, shelves etc. all removed. That was Saturday. On Sunday I filled in the holes and gapes around the new internal doors.
On Saturday I painted the front door and frame, and also the 3 metre trim for the French doors. Oh, the screw holes were filled in first too. In fact, that is why I started mixing Polyfilla in the morning – my wife started to remind me of all the other holes once I got started.
The only photo I have of the trim is one I took with a bowl of onions on it! Stingy eyes and throat from the painting, so fought it with onions and lighted candles, and that seemed to do the trick.
Tomorrow the kitchen should start to arrive and get installed. This week I think ….
- Monday – Wednesday: Kitchen units and range cooker arrive and get installed.
- Late Wednesday: Old cooker removed from utility
- Thursday: Utility room plastered / completed.
- Friday: all building work completed – just painting and floors left.