Monday 23rd Sept – Thurs 26th Sept
A bit of a mad week. So crazy I did not post!
The plumber returned, made a mess, then left again. But the plumbing was sorted. Will never use that firm again though. Cost a small fortune, I was happy to pay a premium for a good service but instead got a mess. Anyway ….
From Monday through to Wednesday the kitchen was mostly installed. A few issues, but all got done. My pal Rob sorted the gas out, electrician came and switched the ovens over (and moved the oven circuit over to the RCD side of the consumer unit).
By Friday the kitchen was finished. After a bottle of wine in the evening I decided to tackle the leak in the utility. Found that an old Y adaptor was leaking a lot – 1/3 of a washing up bowl filled in about 2 hours! So I disconnected the dishwasher and washing machine (which were both attached to the Y adaptor) and moved the dishwasher into the new kitchen and re-plumbed the washing machine direct in the utility. That Y plug worked for about 11 years then decided to fail when the new kitchen was ready. Crazy.
Smell chemicals in oven
On Friday I started burning the chemicals off in the new oven. No, Thursday I think. Took 3 sessions of putting all the ovens on full for about 45 minutes a time to get most of the chemical smell off. Glad I have a good extractor.
Next week is tiling and painting. And then the floors go in. Then we are done!
The builders fixed all the mess the plumbers left too. So the wall in the kitchen has new plasterboard, the wobbly paving stone (a concrete 2 by 3) was moved off the gas pipe and given some support, and the boxing-in in the en suite was rebuilt.
Oh, the sink had to be reinforced as the Lamona sink is a bit flimsy really. A stainless steel sink but with a Franke tap on it, the tap easily bends the sink when moved. Needed some extra wood added – although still not as solid as I would expect for a sink.